- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 20m
- Yield: 14 caramels
- 2 c of soft pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 c of cacao butter
- 1/4 c of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- Unless your dates are quite fresh and soft, soak them in warm water for 15 minutes before draining them off.
- Process the dates, salt, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Put the mixture in a shallow bowl and place in the freezer until firm (30-45 minutes).
- Using a small pot gently heat the cacao butter. Once melted add sifted raw cacao powder and cinnamon. Let it stand until the mixture begins to thicken a little.
- Using a teaspoon and damp hands, roll the caramel into little balls and dip them into the chocolate mixture.
- Place the balls on a lined baking tray, scatter some extra salt and put them in the freezer to set.