So sometimes people send me copies of their cookbooks to review and very occasionally their publisher gives permission for a few of those recipes to be shared for free.
That’s where you benefit ~ yay!
This week Animals Australia sent me their gorgeous full-coloured cookbook of plant-based gorgeousness.
A complete guide to plant-based eating, including 100+ delicious recipes.
Pretty much everything you could ever want in a recipe book is packed and wrapped into 255 pages.
Anyway today I get to share this little gem and if you’re organised enough you could be eating this over the weekend.
Raw Cherry & Macadamia Cheesecake
Makes about 10 slices
(the book the recipe is for blueberry cheesecake but I was hanging for some cherries)
2 cups raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup maple syrup
juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup of fresh or frozen berries
11/2 cups of raw walnuts
5 dates, pitted
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Soak the macadamia nuts for at least 2 hours (I always soak mine over night)
- Grease a 20 cm spring-form cake tin with coconut oil.
- Put all the coconut based ingredients in a food processor and grind together until the mixture resembles a sticky crumble. Press the mixture firmly into the cake tin and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the macadamia nuts and place in a high-speed blender with the maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend to a thick, creamy consistency, then pour half the mixture onto the cake tin.
- Add the berries to the remaining mixture in the blender. Blend on high-speed until smooth. Pour the mixture into the cake tin, smoothing and levelling the top with a spatula.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. I put mine in the freezer over night so we could eat it today.
- It takes a couple of hours to defrost, then you can add some extra fruit to the top and slice it up.
- This cheesecake will keep in the fridge for a few days but I doubt you will be able to resist eating it asap.
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think.
To purchase the book yourself I’ve added the link below. I am not affiliated with Animals Australia and will not receive any commission if you purchase it. I’m sharing because I think you will like it and well…because I am good like that.