Green smoothies have become so popular lately. After making them for nearly a decade, I can certainly vouch for the reasons behind their popularity. While it hasn’t always been easy to get my kids to eat other healthy meals, the same can’t be said for green smoothies. Besides tasting amazing, they come with the added bonus of packing some equally amazing health benefits. Taking the time to make green smoothies part of your lifestyle is a brilliant investment of your time. Here’s just a few reasons why:
15 Reasons to Drink Healthy Green Smoothies
- Fast and simple: Blending simple fruits and green vegetables into a smoothie is quick and super-easy. Drink it at home or on-the-go, it’s fast food at it’s finest.
- Get your daily dose: Many people struggle to get the daily recommendations of fruit and vegetables into their diets. It’s even more difficult to get some children to eat enough fruit and veg. By blending a couple servings of fruit and veg each day you’ll easily meet your requirements.
- You’ll kids will drink their greens: Instead of going to war with your kids over eating their spinach, put a handful of the green stuff in their fruit smoothies and watch that liquid gold go down smoother than a chocolate milkshake.
- Better digestion: There’s nothing worse than experiencing indigestion or constipation. Over 70% of all disease begins in the digestion system so give it what it loves – heathy and easily digestible food. The better your digestion works, the better you will feel and live.
- Much easier to lose weight: Forget all those ‘celebrity’ shakes and other meal replacement solutions. Fill your body with nutrient-dense real food because that’s exactly want it needs. I guarantee you that once you quit dieting for good and focus on real food, you’re weights issue will disappear for good.
- Natural Beauty: All those vitamins and mineral being poured into your body will give you gorgeous, radiant skin, hair and nails. See eczema and rosacea radically improve…think skin brighter than fairy lights at the beach!
- Brain Power: The more green smoothies you add to your diet, the more vital nutrients you’ll be absorbing in order to protect your brain health. You can kiss goodbye to brain fog and say hello to improved focus, memory function and clarity.
- Better Sleep: So many people complain of insomnia but by adding a daily green smoothie to you life, you can almost guarantee yourself a more rested night’s sleep.
- Taste: The good stuff doesn’t have to taste gross. Healthy food taste delicious once you learn to make the perfect smoothie.
- Detox: Blending dark greens with sweet fruit is a powerful detoxifier. Give your digestion a well- earned rest, by adding kale, spinach and other super greens to your diet.
- Stronger Immune System: Getting sick when you have responsibilities such as, a career and or a family to take care of is a major inconvenience. Adding more green smoothies to your family’s diet will have really positive impact on their immune system (as well as your own).
- Banish Sugar Cravings: The combination of sweet fruit and the minerals contained in green vegetables is perfect for reducing unhealthy cravings. How great will it feel when you finally stop being a slave to processed sugar and fat?
- Increased Energy: Replacing some of your unhealthy habits with a daily green smoothie will dramatically improve your energy.
- Variety: The amount of fruit, vegetables, herbs, spices and superfoods available to make delicious green smoothies is almost unlimited.
- The Happiness Factor: Green smoothies equals happiness. You’ll all the benefits of mood-food – calmness and happy hormone health awaits you.
So there you have it – 15 super-important reasons to make green smoothies your thing.
Adding healthy smoothies to my life has been an incredible difference to my heath and overall wellbeing. How about you?
Here’s a quick recipe to get you started:
- 2 ripe bananas (chopped and frozen)
- 3 mandarins
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup water.
In a high-speed blender, add the water, chia seeds, mandarins and spinach. Turn the blender onto a medium speed and slowly drop in the banana chunks.
Continue blending until smooth.
Serves 1-2 people.